Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Preparing for the Journey

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~2 Cor. 12:9

It is hard to believe that only one week from today I will be standing in the city that touches the sky.  After so many months of waiting with expectation, my entrance into the "real world" of teaching is far different than I imagined.  I will be traveling almost 4,000 miles south to one of the poorest countries in Latin America, to a capital city elevated at 12,000 feet above sea level.    I will be walking into a classroom of twenty fifth graders, most of whom speak English as a second language.  La Paz, Bolivia was certainly not what I had envisioned for my life when I graduated from college with a diploma and teaching certificate in hand.   It is far better.

I cannot explain to you God's reasoning for sending me to teach at Highlands International School, a place I knew nothing about four months ago.  Truthfully, His ways are often a mystery to me.  What I can tell you is that He is totally trustworthy and preeminently good.  His hand has and continues to reap blessing upon blessing.  I am overjoyed that He would choose to send me so far away just for others to know the love of Christ.  I am also delighted to share my experiences with you, dear reader!  Please consider following my blog by entering your email address on the right.  You'll receive updates about this exciting journey, including stories about what God is doing in La Paz!

Wonderful encouragement from Jesus Calling devotional:
True dependence is not simply asking Me to bless what you have decided to do. It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you. I may infuse a dream that seems far beyond your reach. You know that in yourself you cannot achieve such a goal. Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me...Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life, through deepening your dependence on Me. (Inspired by Psalm 34:17-18; 2 Corinthians 5:7)

           

No comments:

Post a Comment