Blog Archive

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. ~Romans 12:3-5
           
(My most treasured supporters - see above and right)


I'd like to kick off this school year by giving a shout-out to those who have and continue to support my mission here in La Paz, Bolivia. This teaching ministry would not be possible without the dedication of faithful prayer warriors, financial supporters, and blog readers. 

To my Prayer Warriors:  I have no purpose here without you. Truthfully, there is no way I could accomplish anything of eternal value if not for God's rich blessing through your petitions on my behalf. It is because of your faith that the Gospel is heard on a daily basis in my classroom. It is because of your discipline in prayer that Satan's deceptions are kept at bay during some of my hardest days. It is because of your hope that I am able to return to the mission field with an even stronger desire to shepherd these children in love and truth. You are an army, shielding me from the Enemy's blows and opening a way for God to use me as a soldier here in Bolivia. Thank you, and keep up the fight!

To my Financial Supporters:  You make this ministry happen in concrete, practical terms. God chose you uniquely and purposefully to bless my life and this ministry through your daily sacrifices. Your giving allows me to meet the cost of plane tickets, much-needed school supplies, transportation in and around the city, living expenses over school breaks, and furnishing a home here in La Paz. Just as I am indebted to the One who paid my ransom, I am forever indebted to you for your generosity and deep concern for these Bolivian families. Although you may never meet them face to face, your support has impacted their lives for eternity. Thank you, and may He bless your lives as richly as you have blessed mine.  

To my Blog Readers:  Yes, that's you! When I first started this site, I thought it might be more like a reflection journal for my own personal use. How surprised (and frightened) I was to find that people actually read what I wrote! Perhaps you don't think that reading a blog makes much of an impact. My hope is that you can identify yourself as a witness to what God is doing at Highlands and in Bolivia. Witnesses are powerful (as Jesus knew quite well). Not only do witnesses gain new perspective, but they also spread the word. Your affirmation and encouragement by reading, responding to, and sharing this story deeply humbles and honors me. I pray that through it you gain a global perspective and a broken heart for missions. Thank you, and keep reading!  

(More blog updates to come! School begins on August 7, and I can hardly wait to meet my new third grade class. Hasta luego, mis amigos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment